News and Research
Fertility Support Series Group Facilitators - Apply Now!
Online Fertility Support Series Group Facilitator – Role Description (Volunteer)
This role description covers the responsibilities and duties of the online Fertility Support Series facilitator.
Fertility New Zealand walks alongside all people facing fertility challenges. We are a registered charity dedicated to providing information, support and advocacy to people experiencing fertility issues. We are growing our team of volunteers to co-facilitate the online Fertility Support Series. This would suit anyone who has completed their fertility journeys (either with or without children) and is in a strong position to provide support.
Fertility Support Series Group Facilitator
We are excited to announce the launch of the online version of our popular Fertility Support Series. We have transformed the Fertility Support Series into an online interactive and supportive series. The presentations are easy to use, with notes to guide you through every step.
The online programme will run for four consecutive weeks. Each week is a 90-minute session starting at 7:30 pm, and two volunteers facilitate each series.
You will need a reliable internet connection; preferred devices are a laptop, PC or MAC and a private room/space or quiet area. This volunteer role is not restricted to location.
The Fertility Support Series (previously called Contact Groups) are our most tried-and-tested support offering, and they have helped thousands of people since the early 1980s! We seek group facilitators to join our volunteer team and enable the best experience and outcomes possible for Fertility Support Series participants.
We anticipate the time commitment of the role to be 8-10 hours per series. This includes the lead-up to the series starting, the duration of the series and debrief. Training is provided.
Key duties include
- Co-facilitate a Series one/two a year
- Coordinate with co-facilitator and review the content of the Fertility Support Series
- Communicate with attendees before the start of the series as necessary
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude
- Encourage participation and provide focus and guidance for discussions within the group
- Coordinate with the Fertility Support Series Coordinator and have a good working relationship with the Support Coordinator
- Understand and follow all Fertility NZ’s policies
Key skills and competencies required
- Ability to bring people together in a positive, empathetic and nurturing environment
- Lead groups positively and encouragingly and set the tone of the meeting
- Clear and empathetic written and verbal communication style
- Desire to progress Fertility NZ’s mission, and support people experiencing the rigours of fertility challenges
- Ability to stay calm when members are stressed or upset
- Good listener
Training is provided to all support volunteers, and attendance is required bi-annually.